In South Africa, a 4-digit number plate is considered a personalized or customized number plate, and it can be obtained by following these steps:
- Check the availability of your preferred 4-digit number plate by visiting the eNaTIS website at https://www.natis.gov.za.
- Once you have confirmed the availability of the number plate, complete the personalized number plate application form. You can obtain this form from your nearest licensing department or download it from the eNaTIS website.
- Submit the completed application form to your nearest licensing department, along with the required supporting documents, which typically include your ID document, proof of address, and vehicle registration papers.
- Pay the required fee for the personalized number plate. The fee varies depending on the province and the specific number plate you have chosen.
- Once your application has been processed and approved, you will receive your new 4-digit number plate, which you can then have fitted to your vehicle.
It is worth noting that personalized number plates are subject to certain rules and regulations in South Africa, and there are restrictions on the types of letter and number combinations that are allowed. Before applying for a personalized number plate, it is advisable to familiarize yourself with these rules and regulations to ensure that your application is successful.