To check your traffic fines in South Africa by SMS, you can follow these general steps:
- Open the messaging application on your mobile phone.
- Create a new message.
- In the recipient field, enter the specific SMS number provided by your provincial traffic department. The number may vary depending on your province, so it’s important to check the correct number for your region. Here are the SMS numbers for some of the provinces:
- Gauteng: Send an SMS with your vehicle’s registration number to 33001.
- Western Cape: Send an SMS with your vehicle’s registration number to 53600.
- KwaZulu-Natal: Send an SMS with your vehicle’s registration number to 46860.
- In the message body, type the vehicle’s registration number without any spaces or special characters.
- Send the SMS.
- You will receive a response SMS that will contain the details of any outstanding fines associated with the vehicle’s registration number. The response may include information such as the date, location, and amount of the fine.
It’s important to note that the availability of the SMS service and the specific instructions may vary depending on the province and traffic department. If you encounter any difficulties or if the SMS service is not available, you can contact your local traffic department or licensing authority directly for alternative methods to check your traffic fines.