From 01 October 2020, vehicle owners will receive their Motor Vehicle Licence Renewal notifications (MVL2) via SMS or email. The Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC) will no longer issue notices through the post.
Should a motor vehicle owner not receive their electronic MVL2 notice, it can be downloaded from the NaTIS website at online.natis.gov.za or by using the RTMC Android Mobile Application.
Vehicle owners should ensure that their mobile numbers and email addresses are up-to-date on the NaTIS system by visiting their nearest traffic office, registering on the NaTIS website (online.natis.gov.za) or by using the Android Mobile Application (RTMC).
Collecting your vehicle licence
In order to renew your vehicles licence disc, vehicle owners are required to present:
- The MVL2 sms or email notification to the cashier at the Traffic Office,
- their Identity Document (ID).
Should a vehicle owner send someone else to renew a vehicle licence on their behalf, provide;
- a signed letter of permission stating full names and ID numbers of both the vehicle owner and the person who collects the licence
- a certified copy of the vehicle owner’s ID and
- The representative’s ID.
License disks can ONLY be renewed at the following Langeberg Municipal Traffic Offices:
|Ashton Traffic Office||Abattoir Road, Ashton||Monday-Thursday:08:00 – 15:30Friday:08:00 – 14:00||023 615 8901|
|Robertson Traffic Office||Church Street, Robertson||Monday-Thursday:08:00 – 15:30Friday:08:00 – 14:00||023 626 8251|
|Montagu Municipal Office||03 Piet Retief Street, Montagu||Monday08:00 – 15:30Friday:08:00 – 15:30AS OF 02/11/2020||023 614 8000|
How to download a vehicle licence renewal notice online:
- Motor vehicle owners can access and download their motor vehicle renewal notices at www.online.natis.gov.za
- Once on the website click on “My Profile” and register your profile as follows:
- Click on ‘individual’
- Enter your ID number
- Enter you surname and initials (enter the details as on your Driving Licence Card)
- Enter you Driving Licence card number
- Enter your email address AND your cell number
- Once all the information has been submitted you will be required to enter the One Time Pin (OTP) in order for profile registration to be completed
- Once your profile has been successfully registered, click on “View Motor Vehicle Renewals’
- Click on individual if you a natural person
- Then enter your ID number, surname and initials
- Then proceed to the next page and enter the OTP as required.
- Please note:
- One the OTP is entered the motor vehicle/s which are up for renewal will be displayed. Should the motor vehicle licence have expired already then no information will be displayed.
- Click download and print the notice.
- The electronic notice with the unique reference number can now be presented to renew the motor vehicle licence.