To renew your motor vehicle license disc in South Africa, you will need to provide the following documents and information:
- Your South African ID or passport (for foreign nationals)
- The current license disc or a copy of your vehicle registration certificate (if your disc has already expired)
- The completed MVL2 application form (available at your local licensing office or online)
- A valid roadworthy certificate (if your vehicle is over five years old)
- Proof of address, such as a utility bill or bank statement (not required if your address is already on the system)
- Payment of the required license renewal fee
It is important to ensure that your vehicle’s license disc is renewed timeously, as failure to do so may result in fines and penalties. Your license disc must be renewed annually before it expires, and you will need to provide the above documents and information each time you renew it.
It is advisable to check the renewal date on your license disc well in advance to avoid any last-minute rush or delays. You can renew your license disc at your local licensing office, through a registered service provider, or at some retail stores that offer license renewal services.