Last Updated on 4 days by Drivers Licence
Yes, you can change your learner’s license code in South Africa if you meet the requirements for the new code that you wish to apply for. To change your learner’s license code, you will need to follow these steps:
- Visit your nearest driving license testing centre (DLTC).
- Complete the application for a learner’s license form (Form LL1) and indicate the new code that you wish to apply for.
- Submit the completed form along with your original learner’s license and the required documents, such as your South African identity document (ID) or passport if you are a foreign national, proof of residential address, and payment for the application fee.
- Pass the written test for the new code that you wish to apply for.
- Complete the yard test for the new code, which is a practical driving test that assesses your ability to control a vehicle in a controlled environment.
If you pass both the written and yard tests, you will be issued a new learner’s license with the code that you applied for. It’s important to note that changing your learner’s license code may require additional training and practice, especially if you are changing to a code that is significantly different from your previous code. It’s always a good idea to prepare and practice before taking the written and yard tests.