To replace a lost license disc in South Africa, you will need to follow these steps:
- Report the loss: If your license disc has been stolen or lost, you should report it to the police immediately and obtain a case number. This will be required when you apply for a replacement.
- Complete the necessary forms: You will need to complete the Application for Licensing of Motor Vehicle (ALV) form, which you can obtain from your local licensing authority or download from the eNatis website.
- Bring necessary documents: Bring your South African ID or passport, as well as your vehicle registration certificate (logbook) with you when you apply for a replacement license disc.
- Pay the required fee: There is a fee to replace a lost license disc, and it varies depending on the province where you are applying. The fee can be paid by cash, card, or electronic transfer.
- Collect your new license disc: Once your application has been processed and approved, you will be issued with a new license disc, which you should affix to your vehicle immediately.
Note that it may take several days or even weeks to process your application and receive your replacement license disc, so it’s best to apply for a replacement as soon as possible after you notice that your disc is lost or missing.