Last Updated on 1 year by Drivers Licence
Contact your local licencing office for an updated fee.
There are no fines or penalties for late renewals!
- as of 2017, the cost of renewal is R250 in cash.
- Temporary licence cost is R90 cash.
- The Mariannhill RTI in Pinetown, Durban has imposed a limit of ONLY 120 licence renewals per day. Thanks to Sandy for letting us know!
- Renewal costs in Bedfordview are R228.00 and payment is accepted either in cash or by credit card.
- Temporary licence cost is R72 cash.
- 2x black and white photos are required for renewal in Randburg.
- The Edenvale licensing department now asks for a copy of your license when going to renew.
- You have to pre-book at https://online.natis.gov.za which will have a list of all Gauteng RTI testing centres.
- There is a new online booking system in Gauteng. You can access the service at https://online.natis.gov.za which will have a list of all Gauteng offices.
- R185 and includes the temporary licence.
- Go to your nearest DLTC with the following:
- Identity document (ID) and a copy of your ID, old driving licence card or valid South African passport
- Four black-and-white ID photographs (before you have photographs taken confirm with the DLTC how many photos they require)
- Proof of residential address e.g. utility account. If the utility bill is not in your name, the of owner of the bill must make an affidavit declaring that you live at the address and the utility bill must be attached to the affidavit.
- If you stay at an informal settlement, you must bring a letter with an official date stamp from the ward councillor confirming your residential address
- Prescribed application fee.
- All Gauteng residents should apply online for the renewal: https://online.natis.gov.za/#/
- Complete form DL1: Application for renewal of driving licence card.
- Complete the notification of change of address or particulars of person or organisation (NCP) form.
- You will do an eye test or you can do it at an optometrist of your choice and take your results to the DLTC.