How to check the progress of your South African driver’s licence renewal. You can check if your drivers license is ready for collection in South Africa via the via the NATIS online web portal.
CHECK MY DRIVERS LICENCE STATUS ONLINE SOUTH AFRICA
- Visit the NaTIS Website on https://online.natis.gov.za/#/
- Click on the “Query Driving Licence Card” link in the home page.
- Fill the application with the following details and click on the “Next” button
Select the Identification Type
Enter Your Identification Number
Enter Your Surname
Enter Your Initials
- Altenatively, SMS shortcode (33214) your ID number and you will receive your response.
DRIVERS LICENSE RENEWAL RESPONSES
- Request doesn’t exist or not received/ Unknown ID: It means your application isn’t submitted for this ID number
- Request received by CPF: It means the request for of renewal the driving license has been received
- Request in processing Zone: It means the system is working on it, and your request is in progress.
- Request approved and posted: It means your renewing driving license request has been approved, and the renewal status is updated.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
What about the eye test?
You can do the eye test on the day of the payment at the DLTC or; go to a recognised eye specialist where a certificate will be issued that will be acceptable at the testing station.
I selected my preferred testing station but cannot get a booking for my preferred date and time.
If the date and time that you prefer is not available, it could be that it has been already allocated as the system is live or the testing station is fully booked for the date and time you prefer. You can either wait until booking timeslots become available or try a different testing station.
The date and time is not convenient for me at the testing station.
You can either try for a date and time at a different testing station that is more convenient or select a different date and time as all testing stations have specific days on which they test certain licence categories and it could be that the times are already allocated.
Penalties for an expired driving licence.
Currently, there are no penalties for renewing an expired driving licence, however, you are encouraged to renew your licence as soon as it nears its expiry date and obtain a temporary driving licence if you require it before you receive your driving licence card.